Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Crosscheck - Persist 7"

I imagine it's been close to 10 years since I last listened to this 7". One of those 7"s I got, played a couple of times and liked quite a bit, but that still ended up getting lost somewhere in the vinyl pile anyway. I gave it a spin again earlier tonight, and as I was listening to it I decided to post it on here. I totally forgot how good this 7" is. Unfortunately I know very little about this band tho. Crosscheck were from Iowa/Illinois, and singer Greg Thompson was also in a band called Butt Lynt, which I only know cuz he was mentioned on the amazing Double Cross Webzine. They released this 7" in 1995 on Ignition Records out of Vermont, its 1st (and only?) release. Good mid-tempo hardcore with pretty decent lyrics. Nothing outstanding, but good stuff nonetheless. I would love to hear more of this band if anybody has a demo or whatever.

Also, if anybody has info on this band, please leave a comment. It would be especially awesome if someone can say whether or not the Brian Peterson who plays bass on this 7" is the same one who wrote the 'Burning Fight' book. Seems he is!

Crosscheck - Persist 7"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the same brian peterson. He is originally from the area where iowa met illinois.

Anonymous said...

Hello !!!
http://dezakatohcband.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just had the song "Persist" stuck in my head. Crosscheck was a great hardcore band that I was lucky to see play live several times in the Quad Cities. Their first album was on tape only (before cd's) and called First Offense. My fav song was "Downhill". There is another version of "Persist" on tht QC Compilation: Rock Starz. But Pat Stolley's version is better. He also recorded Tripmaster Monkey for Sire Records.

XhcnoirX said...

Thanxxx for the info, Anonymous #3 :) I actually recently got my hands on the First Offense demo, so I'll be posting that sometime in the near future. I'll have to look around for the Rock Starz comp!

Anonymous said...

Please reup!

XhcnoirX said...

Re-upped!

Unknown said...

https://quadcitiesmusicarchive.bandcamp.com/album/quad-cities-presents